- Fully laminated to make it Lightweight, Durable and Weatherproof. Take it anywhere!
- Includes both English and French common names ( as well as Scientific names )
- 87 Species ( ranging from common to rare )
- over 200 natural-pose field images
- Dorsal/Ventral views *
- Separate images of Male/Female as well as Seasonal/Regional variants *
- Flight season charts
- Size and Status indications for each species
- Accordion fold opens to show entire families at a glance. No need to flip pages back and forth to compare related species.
- Measures ~ 4"x10" when folded, opens to ~28"x10"
- Smaller butterflies ( Skippers and Lycaenids ) are on one side while larger butterflies ( Swallowtails, Pierids and Nymphalids ) are on the other.
* where appropriate
This guide includes virtually all the Butterfly species you are likely to see anywhere in the Maritimes. As you go further North into Gaspe or Newfoundland, you may encounter some Northern species that do not appear in this guide.
For additional details and a sample preview, click here.
This short video of my Quebec Guide may give you a better idea of what the guide looks like. All my guides have a similar layout...